Why We Use HPP
HPP or High-Pressure Processing is a technique by which products, already sealed in their final package, are subjected to a high level of isostatic pressure transmitted by water. 6000 bars of pressure to be precise – which in laymen terms is equal to five times the pressure you’d find at the bottom of the deepest ocean. But what are the advantages of using HPP over regular pasteurisation? Let’s find out!
- The characteristics of fresh product are retained, with 96% more nutrients preserved after the process unlike heat pasteurisation.
- Helps to destroy pathogens such as Salmonella & Norovirus without altering the flavour or texture of the product.
- HPP extends the product shelf life and lower chance of spoilage, without the use of preservatives. Our juices, for example, have a 28-day shelf life from the moment they arrive at your door, and this is due to the HPP process!
- It is environmentally friendly with only the use of water (which is recycled) and electricity.
- HPP is done in the final packaging, so there is no risk of re-contamination.
It’s a no brainer really, the result is smoothies and juice that are packed full of vitamins, nutrients and delicious flavour and will stay fresh in your fridge for longer… safely. HPP is king!