Have you ever wondered how they create that rich creamy texture and beautiful foamy cap on some cocktails? Well, the answer is usually egg white but what’s the alternative? Well, bear with us here… Chickpea water. It doesn’t sound very appetising but it’s become quite the staple egg-white substitute for vegans and those with egg allergies. It’s called ‘Aquafaba’ and can be used to make vegan meringues, pavlova, cake and of course cocktails!
The party season is well in swing and by January you may well be thinking enough is enough! We have teamed up with local mixologist and café owner, Tom Hayes to bring you some Mocktails with a B.fresh twist. Tom’s café ‘Tom’s Table’ sits within the market hall of the local market town, Shrewsbury. Tom shares our passion for local, quality produce and loves working with our products.
We’re sure you’ve all tried to re-create your favourite cocktails at home but it’s just never as easy as the professionals make it look, is it?! Tom has worked to create some delicious, easy to make cocktail alternatives using our cold-pressed juice drinks. And the best part is that they won’t make you feel like you’re missing out on all the fun!
Here, Tom has created a non-alcoholic spin on a ‘Clover Club’ using our pure apple juice.. oh and Aquafaba of course!
60ml B.fresh Pure Apple Juice
25ml Fresh squeezed lemon
3 teaspoons Sugar Syrup (2 part sugar, 1 part water)
30ml Chickpea water (the water from a can of tinned chickpeas, make sure it’s unsalted)
Grapefruit Soda to top up
1. Add all of the ingredients (except the Grapefruit Soda) into a shaker without ice and ‘dry shake’
2. Add ice and shake again
3. Strain into a chilled glass, stop just before you fill the glass and top up with Grapefruit Soda
4. You can garnish however you desire, Tom has used edible flowers here
120ml B.fresh Strawberry Shines
1 Whole fresh lime, squeezed
2 Teaspoons of Sugar Syrup (2 part sugar, 1 part water)
1 Passion fruit
A handful of Mint leaves
Ginger Ale to top up
1. Add all of the ingredients (except the Ginger Ale) into a shaker with ice and shake
2. Serve over crushed ice and top up with Ginger Ale
3. You could garnish with mint, a slice of ginger or even half a lime
Enjoy your mocktails responsibly! Cheers!
Team B.fresh x
Leave Us A Comment